When my doc talked to me about getting more calcium into my diet, this probably isn’t what he had in mind. However, I made this particular milkshake with my own homemade vanilla ice cream, which I’ll share soon, fresh milk, and…Oreos. Okay, two out of three good ingredients aren’t bad.
I have a love/hate relationship with Oreos. I’m mad at
myself for harboring so much love for a processed mass-produced sandwich cookie. But I can’t help it. But my compromise is still putting them in something or baking them instead of just reaching into the bag for another cookie.
And a milkshake, to me, is the perfect way to welcome the balmy spring days we’ve been having lately. It’s the simple pleasures that really go a long way.
Cookies and Cream Milkshakes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 Oreo cookies + more for garnish
How to Make Them:
1. Place the Oreo cookies in a small plastic bag. Crumble them with a rolling pin or by pressing down with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the ice cream and milk to a blender and mix until well combined.
3. Add the cookies and pulse a few times until combined. If you want less chunky cookies, let blend until the mix moves freely.
4. Pour into two medium glasses.
5. Optional: garnish with whipped cream and a couple broken pieces of Oreo. Personally, I like how mine kind of look like chocolatey orange wedges. Enjoy!
Enjoy. We run a judgment free space over here!